Monday, May 31, 2010

Sleeping

A lot of the pictures I take are of my girls sleeping. I'm not sure if it's because some of their cutest moments are when they are sleeping or because they are finally holding still . . . or maybe because I'm better able to remember how much I love them when they are peacefully sleeping. Probably a combination.






How can you resist those blue eyes? As I was putting Clara down for a nap today she looked up at me with those big blue eyes, watery with tears, and it was all I could do to not pick her back up. Only a few seconds passed before I surrendered, cuddled her back into my arms and bounced her until she was sound asleep.


Luci's all-time favorite shirt is the her navy blue Nittany Lion shirt Grandpa Seegrist gave her. She even prefers it over her pink Nittany Lion shirt her Dad gave her, much to Kirk's dismay. To put into perspective how much she likes it, five out of the seven days last week she was wearing it. There have been many times when I've wanted to hide it so she will give her other clothes a chance, but I've never followed through with it. Last week we started breaking out Clara's three to six month clothes (I can't believe she's already old enough for them) and Luci discovered that she has a Nittany Lion shirt too. She was so excited! So of course we had to get a picture.



This is where we spent Memorial Day. We had a BBQ with some friends in our ward then spent some time lying on the beach and playing in the water. It was a lot of fun! I decided that I want to come here more often. It's free, Luci loved it, and it's only twenty minutes away from our house!


Here's Clara lounging in the shade of her car seat. Next time I go I want to buy a beach umbrella so she can lounge in style!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Looks like you guys have had fun! I can't resist blue eyes either. The problem with us though is that I always want to cuddle Brylee and she's become a toddler and is "much too old for that" now :)

Unknown said...

Oh, Chels the girls are just so cute. I love the picture of Clara asleep with her little finger on her face it is just so priceless.

Dione said...

Oh your girls are sooooo cute! Love them!

Nicole Marsh said...

I can;t believe how big Clara is getting!! ANd her hair is so dark, Luci's hair was never like that, was it?
The beach looks like fun, is that were you got sunburned?
I love the picture of Luci falling of the bed.
Who is Nittany the lion?

Nate and Danielle Family said...

Cute girls! I think Clara looks so much like Luci.