Saturday, June 5, 2010

Motherhood

I feel so inadequate as a Mother. Just when I think I've mastered this parenting stuff, my kids throw me a curve ball. This past week has been especially trying. All I can say is that kids should come with an owners manual. It's probably good they don't though because then I would feel guilty for not reading it:).

To my daughters: I love you girls so much! I'm not perfect, but I'm trying. Please forgive my shortcomings. Pray for me and know that I pray for you every day.

To my Mom and Dad: Thanks for all of your patience. Thanks for loving me even when you were tired and I was naughty. Thanks for over looking my short comings and seeing the good in me. I love you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you have had a rough week, but you are a wonderful mother and friend. Never forget that.

Christine said...

Hang in there! Some weeks are better than others. You are a good mom.

Unknown said...

I know how you feel. Just when I think I've got Owen figured out he changes things up a bit! Hope things get better for you!

Shauna said...

I know exactly what you mean. I told my mom I was ready to just give up today. Kids are a challenge and sometimes it seems my own kids are worse than anybody else's, but I do keep trying :) You are a good mom Chelsa. If you really think about it.......you feed your kids, give them love, clothe them and make the gospel a part of their lives. That's all that really matters. You are one excellent mother in my mind!

Kent said...

It sure isn't easy being a mom, but it is sure worth it. You're a great mom. I enjoy reading your blogs and seeing your pictures.
Love,
Nancy

Nicole Marsh said...

I was feeling that same way this morning!!! I am sorry that you feel that way, you are a great mom. And yoour kids know it ( I know Luci does). You don't have to be perfect to be a mom. I love you:)