Monday, January 4, 2010

Our Christmas Holiday was spent in Utah with our families. We had a lot of fun, and really enjoyed being able to talk to our families in person rather then on skype.

When it came time to leaving I had a harder time than I thought I would. The whole time we were there I kept dreaming of how nice it would be to get back to my own bed and get a good nights sleep. I thought the only feelings I would feel when leaving were relief. Yet, as we were waiting to board our airplane back home the reality of leaving our families sank in. I miss then so much already! In the ideal future, I hope to live close enough to visit and still be able to return to our own home at night.

I am so grateful for family. We have been very blessed to have so many people to love and that love us too.

Here are a few highlights from our trip:

Playing with the Puppies
.
When we first arrived, my parents had a house full of puppies. Luci loved playing with the puppies. They were a lot of fun, until they peed or pooped on the carpet :)!



Homemade doll and matching dress from Grandma
Leave it to my Mom to whip together homemade gifts for everyone. She also crocheted us matching slipper socks. She's very talented.



Luci with her Great Grandpa Webster



Santa Clause came to town



Playing Fancy Nancy
A tradition at Grandma Dana's house.



Bowling
We had a lot of fun bowling with my family. I even beat Kirk! (My victories over Kirk at any game are few and must be celebrated)



Dry Skin
One of the first things we noticed upon arriving in Utah was our dry skin. Luci must have been extremely bothered by it because after a short disappearance into the other room she came back out covered in lotion. She didn't start crying until she realized what she had done was drawing a lot of attention.



What we miss the most about Utah
Two of the things we miss the most about our home state are the blue skies and big mountains. It was nice to see them again.




Stuck in the Snow
Luci had a lot of fun playing in the snow and sledding with her cousins and Aunts and Uncles.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could have seen you while you were here and that you could have coming to the Living planet with me and Nicole. It was so much fun but we missed you. I'm glad you had a nice christmas at home with the family.

The Tharps said...

It sounds like you guys had a great vacation! I wish we could have seen you! I love that picture of luci with lotion all over her, poor girl! I also love her Fancy Nancy outfit,she's such a mini Chelsa!

Marisa Jean said...

The lotion is my favorite! Ha! Poor Luci. Looks like it was a bitter-sweet vacation.

Dione said...

I love Utah! You don't know how much until you leave! And family... that's the hardest part. Especially the kids not having their cousins close by. But it was nice to go to sleep in my own bed! I was so glad to see your little family!

Nicole Marsh said...

I miss you too!! Come back. I bet it is nice to sleep in your own bed now. Nathan and I miss seeing Luci. Love you guys.

Chelsa said...

We wish we had more time to see everyone too! Hopefully we can come back in the summer.