Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween

Trunk or Treat

Luci had two costumes this year that I got for 90% off after Halloween last year. She was a witch for our ward's trunk or treat, and spider girl on Halloween.

We didn't have face paint, so Kirk colored her face with a green washable marker.


I found Clara's costume at a yard sale for $0.25 a little while ago
This is her M&M face :). So serious!




Halloween Party

On Halloween we had our traditional Halloween themed dinner and made haunted houses.

Mini Mummy Face Pizzas

Carrot Witch Fingers

Skeleton Bones and Blood

and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with faces.
Kirk also made homemade root beer and called it his witches brew. I forgot to get a picture of that.


We had some friends over for the party.

After we ate, we created our haunted graham cracker houses. The kids were interested for a few minutes (mostly eating the candy) then ran off to play.


I guess this activity is more for adults.


Our haunted neighborhood


Kirk made a super creative one again! We gave him a hard time since it wasn't a house, but he argued that a coffin is a house . . .a house for a body.


Here's my lovely the creation. The worst of the group, but probably the most haunted :)

3 comments:

Ben and Summer said...

How fun! That is such a good idea to get costumes on sale right after Halloween. Looks like a super fun party - good job!

The Tharps said...

You always have the funnest halloween parties/traditions! I loved the mini mummy pizza's, the haunted houses and the whole meal was adorable! I love that Luci's face was colored with a washable marker, Genius idea! I also saw your florida post, looks like an awesome vacation! You are so creative, I miss living close.

Marisa Jean said...

You are queen of doing things on a budget and I'm so envious of your abilities because nothing looks cheap. It all looks great!

I love the houses and that dinner-so fun!