Sunday, February 6, 2011

January

I can't believe that January is already over. Here are a few highlights from our month.

Luci goes to primary now! She's been dying to ever since some of her friends started going last year. Because she was so excited I thought it called for a new dress. The night before her big day she and I had special time shopping. Luci loves to buy new clothes (and so do I). It was really fun spending some girl time with her. When we got home we put sponge curlers in her hair so she could have curly hair. Her primary teachers were out of town and asked me to teach their class. I was really happy to be with her for her first day. I loved watching her sing the songs and answer questions.
The primary presidency gave her her very own Book of Mormon. She loves bringing it to church and reading it. When we have family scripture study she has to have her Book of Mormon so she can follow along. When it's her turn to read, she doesn't like us to help her. She usually says something along these line "And it came to pass that the Lord has commanded us that we should do righteous things". She also likes to get a highlighter marker and sit on the couch"pilighting" while she reads.

The other day Luci was sitting at the table coloring (a very common occurrence for her). I left the room for a minute, and when I came back she said "Mom, do you like my new mole?"

She wasn't trying to be funny, which made it funny. I laughed and took a picture and she must have loved the attention because she gave herself moles on two more occasions. I must say it wasn't funny the second time, and was annoying third time.

The other night Luci sneaked into Clara's room (also office/guest room/storage room) and slept on the futon. Initially I was going to get mad at her for getting out of her bed, but I'm glad I didn't. She loves Clara so much and wanted to be by her. The next morning when Clara woke up crying Luci woke up and took care of her. I was able to get an extra hour of sleep! When I finally drug myself out of bed I found Luci playing in her crib with her. Normally I would get after her for that, but it was so cute seeing them bond! Not to mention I got more sleep.

Clara has turned into a belly sleeper lately. I love seeing her conked out on her belly.


She also loves playing in this drawer and throwing everything all over the floor. I love seeing how happy she gets when she's getting into stuff!

Her hair is getting longer lately. She has stopped letting us put headbands in her hair so I thought I'd try a little ponytail.


It's not a very long ponytail, most of the hair was covered with the elastic. She still looked so cute!

I love that every picture has a messy closet, dirty floor, or full garbage can in it. I guess that's how life goes when you have kids. They're worth it!

6 comments:

Christine Rowley said...

It is so nice when the older one entertains the younger one! I love it when I get more sleep. Your girls are so cute! I liked that there was a mess or a full garbage can in all the pictures. That's reality. At least my reality too.

Michele said...

Is that RED hair on Clara??? Who does she get that from, aren't both you and Kirk blonde? It's great that your girls are such good friends, hopefully it will last a lifetime!

Marisa Jean said...

You are the only one who would notice anything dirty, because I didn't! Your kids are too cute! That little Clara's hair color is to die for! What a cutie! And I love the dress you got Luci! I want one!

Unknown said...

how cute, I love Luci's new dress and she looks so grown up.

The Hoggan's said...

I can't believe how big your girls are getting. They are so cute! I always loved putting those first stumpy little ponytails in Sicily's hair too. Very cute!

Nicole Marsh said...

What a fun month! I am glad that Luci is liking primary so much. Do you have a beauty supply store there? You can get smaller elastics, kind of like the braces ones that will work good in Clara's hair. She is getting so big. I am glad to see that she is a rascal:)