Thursday, November 11, 2010

Life

Lately I've been thinking a lot about life-it can be so hard and confusing sometimes. The other I was struggling to feel peace in my life and this song came into my head.

Where Can I Turn for Peace?

Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger or malice,
I draw myself apart, Searching my soul?

Where, when my aching grows, Where when I languish,
Where, in my need to know,where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand? He, only One.

He answers privately, Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind, Love without end.

It was just what I needed to hear at that moment. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ! I know he understands us personally. I also know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. Life is hard, but with their help we can make it through it. I look forward to the day when I can kneel at my Savior's feet and thank him for suffering for me, for being their for me in my darkest hours, and for loving me always. I look forward to the day when I can hug my Father in Heaven and tell him how much I've missed him. I know they live!

1 comment:

Nicole Marsh said...

I love that song. I think that it has become one of my favorites. I like this post.