Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitude

Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be grateful for: a hard working husband who loves me, two healthy daughters that keep me smiling, a car that works well, a warm home to live in, good health, a fridge full of food, contacts and glasses (I'd be blind without them), the Book of Mormon, the gift of the Holy Ghost, laughter, exercise, lots of blankets, a closet full of clothes, repentance, forgiveness, a living Prophet, my wonderful parents, tons of siblings, loving in-laws, great friends who make living away from family doable, a washer and dryer. . . .the more I write, the more I think of! Yesterday I read President Monson's talk from conference, "The Divine Gift of Gratitude". I love this talk! It has motivated me to make gratitude a dominant part of my life.

Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve all of the blessings I have, especially when I see others with much harder lives than mine. A family on my mind and in my prayers a lot lately is my Aunt Merri, Uncle Reed and their children. Reed has cancer and is in constant pain. His sickness has made it impossible to work resulting in the loss of his law firm and possible foreclosure of their home. They are a wonderful family and are handling these hard circumstances well. A friend of theirs has set up a blog in their honor where people can donate money to help them out. If you have any money to spare, they can definitely use it. Please keep them in your prayers too!


1 comment:

Nicole Marsh said...

I love your post!! I can't wait for you to come visit. love you:)