Monday, March 22, 2010

My Mom left on Saturday, and I'm wondering how I'm going to survive without her. It was so nice to have her here. She cooked for us, cleaned our house, and kept Luci entertained. But the part I will miss the most is her company. It was great to have someone to talk to and keep me sane while adjusting to the life of having two kids. I have a great Mom! I also need to mention what a great Dad I have too. He is the one who encouraged and supported my Mom in coming out here. Not to mention taking in the role of Mom and Dad while she was gone.


One of the first nights my Mom was here she told Luci that she could come sleep with her if she got scared. A minute after I tucked Luci in that night she came running into the room my Mom was sleeping in and told her with a smile on her face "I'm scared Grandma!" That little stinker.



Here are a few more pictures from last week



Kirk loves reading books to his two girls at night.


On St. Patrick's Day Kirk made Green Eggs and Ham for Breakfast. It wasn't very appetizing to look at, but they still tasted good.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you had to see your mom leave, I bet you had a blast having her visit for a few weeks. All the pictures are just priceless.

Shauna said...

Your two girls are beautiful! That's nice your mom was able to come and help out. I always appreciate it when my mom takes the time to do that, especially after I have a baby! Good luck with the adjustment to 2. Oh and the pic of Kirk reading to the girls is precious!

Nicole Marsh said...

I bet it was hard to have mom leave! I hope the adjustment to two kids goes well for you and you don't go crazy while Kirk is at school. Cute pictures!

Cecily said...

Two kids is a far cry from 1, but it all works out.

And, if all else fails, make green eggs and ham. :) Luci sure looks happy!

Congratulations!!

Nate and Danielle Family said...

Clara is such a cute baby! I love the pics of Luci jumping and Kirk reading to the girls that is so adorable. I hope everything went well with the in-laws and the blessing and everything.