Monday, December 7, 2009

Luci is going through a phase where she says exactly what is on her mind. Here are a few recent examples:

Last Thursday Luci had an accident and was complaining that her pee pee hurt. Just as we were finished changing her clothes, the missionaries arrived for dinner. Luci immediately went up to the one of the missionaries and informed her that she had a sore pee pee. The missionary just looked at her confused, and Luci continued to repeat herself even louder. Luckily Kirk was close by and ended the conversation by saying "but it's getting better."

On Saturday I was at Walmart with Luci, when an African American man walked by. Luci pointed right at him and loudly stated "That boy has black skin." Luckily he didn't seem upset about it but just awkwardly laughed as he walked off.

On Sunday Kirk was putting a tie on for church and Luci asked, "Is that the tie we gave you?". Kirk, thinking she was talking about the one we gave him for Father's day, said "No, but I'll go get that one." As he was walking back to our room Luci shouted, "No, it's under the tree." She then proceeded to get his wrapped tie and give it to him. So, Kirk got a Christmas present early.

I have found that Luci is not very shy, which is quite a contrast to me. She will talk to adults and tell them exactly what she wants or what is on her mind. About a month or two ago we went out to dinner as a family. The waitress asked Kirk and I what we would like to drink and we both replied that we'll just have a water. Immediately after Luci looked straight at the waitress and said, "and I'll just have a milk".

Luci is very smart and good with her letters. She has known how to spell her name for quite a while and is starting to write the letters. Because we spell her name with an i, it is often misspelled by others. In nursery on Sunday her teacher wrote her name on her picture spelling it with a y. Luci quickly informed her that she spells it with an i and the teacher made the change.

I love being a mom and watching Luci grow and learn new things everyday. Motherhood brings many joys and is well worth the hardships of it (she is asleep right now). I am so excited to have another baby! Our failed attempts to add to our family in the past have caused me to really appreciate the gift of procreation. I feel so blessed to have Luci and to have made it this far into my pregnancy. I look forward to meeting the next member of our family.

4 comments:

John Seegrist said...

Luci is too cute! And smart! Geesh! I'm so excited for your little family to be getting bigger! So fun!

Dione said...

P.S. that comment was by me - Dione

Nicole Marsh said...

I was calling a patient when I read your Pee pee story and just started laughing. ahh Luci is so funny!!

Michele said...

That's great that Luci can spell her name, such a smart girl. Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find my way back to yours. It's fun to catch up. How exciting you're near the DC temple, that was my temple growing up-I love it.