Monday, November 2, 2009



Every Halloween I try to make a fun Halloween themed dinner. It isn't usually much, you just need to use your imagination. This year we had monster fingers that could be dipped in blood (breadsticks with slivered almond fingernails and pizza sauce) headless hens (just that . . . obviously they have no head), mashed mummy brains (mashed potatoes) and the scariest of all (at least for Luci) a really healthy salad topped with heart halves (sliced tomatoes). It turned out fun, but I think it will probably be funner as our family grows and gets more excited about it. Luci actually thought I was serious about what I was serving and was a little scared to eat it. So I had to spoil the fun and tell her what they really were.




Luci had two Halloween costumes this year. On Thursday we went trick or treating at the mall and she was a garden fairy. I even made her a wand out of a wooden spoon, but she didn't want to carry it. On Saturday we were cleaning out her closet and found a Cinderella dress and she decided she wanted to be that for trick or treating. It's fun getting her all dressed up, but a lot of work.

4 comments:

Nicole Marsh said...

I love your dinner idea!! Next year I am going to do that. I love Luci's costumes!! I should have dressed Maelie up all girly how fun.

Nate and Danielle Family said...

Luci is so cute!

Marisa Jean said...

Lucky girl! She got two costumes! Your dinner is the cutest idea, ever.

The Tharps said...

I love your meal ideas, I'm sure that will be a fun tradition for your family through out the years! It looks like Luci had a fun time dressing up! She is a cutie!