Friday, December 10, 2010

9 Months Old

I can't believe my baby is nine months old! Time has flown! I've loved every phase of her life so far, each one has more clearly defined her personality. She is a happy girl, always smiling. She has a variety of smiles: her classic happy one, a flirtatious one she does for strangers, a mischievous one she does when she bites me or pulls Luci's hair, a pleased smile-this one tells me there's something in her mouth that shouldn't be, and an excited smile-always accompanied by loud squeals and flapping arms.
Clara now has seven teeth! She's still nursing, but that might be coming to an end soon. She bites me a lot, and whenever I get after her she laughs. It's hard not to laugh when she does, probably worsening the situation.
Recently Clara has become a cuddler. She went through a phase where she would never relax her head on my shoulder, no matter how tired she was! Now she'll rest her head on my shoulder and pat my back . . . so sweet!
Clara doesn't crawl, she scoots everywhere on her bum. She's getting faster and faster at it every day. Her favorite place to scoot to is the kitchen. She loves finding all kinds of crumbs on the floor in there. The other day I looked down just in time to see her pop a piece of meat in her mouth that had fallen there the night before. Gross!
Her favorite thing to play with is my laptop. She loves sticking her little finger under the keys and popping them off. Right now it has four keys missing, making it really hard to type. A few minutes ago I set my computer on the floor to grab something from the kitchen. I was only gone a couple of seconds when I heard that familiar clicking noise the keys make when they're being popped off. I ran back over to stop her and tripped over Luci's backpack. Ugh! Luckily I made it back before she permanently broke anymore keys.
I love my Clara so much! I look forward to the next nine months!

Here's a little blast from the past.

Brand New
One Month
Two Months

Three MonthsFour Months

Five Months
Six Months
Seven Months
Eight Months
and now . . . Nine Months

Check out my mad photoshop skills! Not really, I just clicked one button. I'd love to get good at it though, it's fun!

Luci has been dying for it to snow since September. Last year we got a ton of snow, starting in October. This year we didn't get our first snow fall until December 1st, and that was only a scuff. Yesterday morning it snowed again and Luci begged me to take her out to build a snowman. There still wasn't much snow to work with, but we had fun trying.


e
Here's our snowman. Don't be deceived by the picture, it's only about three inches tall







4 comments:

Nicole Marsh said...

I love the snowman, haha so cute. I can't wait to see you and your kids tomorrow!!!I love all the pictures of Clara. She still looks a lot like Luci to me. You should post pictures of them at the same age to see how similar they really are.

The Tharps said...

Awww, Clara is so cute! I can't believe that she has 7 teeth! Her smile is so cute! I love the picture of her in the warm pink outfit!

The Hoggan's said...

Lol. What a cute little bitty snowman.

Marisa Jean said...

What a doll! And the story about meat made me laugh. Kids always find the sharpest object, the dirtiest toy, or the one piece of old meat on the floor...gotta love 'em.